The importance of a self-care skincare routine
There is no denying we are living in difficult times at the moment, now more than ever it is important to have a full self-care skincare routine.
Why is skincare loved so much?
While the end result of skin care means that your skin is looking vibrant, smooth, clear and healthy. There is more about skin care that makes us love it so much and such an important part of our lives.
And that is self care.
The benefits of self care are profound. It deeply enriches are sense of well being the same way a lotion nourishes the skin.
When we take time out to apply skincare we are practicing self care. Giving care to ourselves. This is a really important thing to do during challenging times. As well as giving care to ourselves when we combine this with a daily routine we are able to benefit from the grounding that a routine brings into a lives. A sense of normality while many other things might be happening around us.
To make the most of the self care aspect of your skin care routine bring some added mindfulness to it. Here are some tips:
- Dedicate more than enough time in your day so you can take your time. Give this time more importance or as much as anything else in your day. It's special time.
- A good time can be at the end of the day, after you have done most of the things you needed to.
- If you already have a routine. Experiment with it, try different parts of the your body. Different processes. Try a different location in your house. This will keep you engaged and present in the experience.
- Choose some new products to experiment with. When we try something new we pay a lot more attention to experiencing it. The planning phase of purchasing a product specifically for self care also builds on the experience.
- Make your skincare routine a whole body experience.
- Remove any distractions as much as possible so you can focus on applying the skincare.
- As you apply the product, use your senses to bring you into the present moment. Smell the product, feel the lotion in your hands, feel it absorbed into the skin and feel how the skin feels after applying.
- Take your time and slow down. This is a very calming experience and keeps your connected to the experience and yourself.
- You can also bring your mind into this experience and think some kind thoughts about yourself. Something you did well today, no matter how big or small. If you made a mistake during the day, learn from it and forgive yourself.
- You can finish the experience by thanking yourself for taking the time to care for yourself.
Browse our natural skincare products and find some that you feel could be a good part of your skin care self care routine.
Wishing you a great week and to take care of yourself.
The Outback Botanics team.